How do I Observe the Passover?
The Passover is a feat that must be eaten in the night of the fourteenth day.
What is the menu for Passover?
- Lamb or Goat (Exodus 12:5)
- Unleavened Bread (Exodus 12:8)
- Bitter Herbs (Exodus 12:8)
- Wine (Matthew 26:26-29)
About the Lamb or Goat
Lamb or Goat was the primary focus of the Passover, but not anymore. The primary focus of the Passover is the Lamb of God, Christ. This is the true Lamb. In this captivity it is nearly impossible to find a Lamb or Goat perfect and unblemished enough to sacrifice unto the Lord for the Passover. Also it is an abomination to sacrifice any unclean thing unto the Lord (Leviticus 22:19-20, Deuteronomy 15:21, Malachi 1:7-8). Christ is the last and final sacrifice: Hebrews 10:1-26. There is no Law that says that having lamb on passover is a sin, so if you choose to have lamb as part of the meal know that it is no longer the focus but the body and blood of Christ is. The Breaking of Bread is what must be done: Matthew 26:26-28, Mark 14:22-24, Luke 22:19-20, 1 Corinthians 11:24-34. When you break bread examine yourself, judge yourself and get right, for when you judge yourself you will not be judged.
How should the lamb be maintained, prepared and cooked?
- The Lamb must be unblemished and kept five days: Exodus 12:3-6
- The Lamb must be killed at even on the fourteenth day of the month of Nissan, even if it falls on the Sabbath: Exodus 12:6
- The Lamb must be roasted on an open fire whole, head, legs, organs and all: Exodus 12:8-9
- The Lamb Must be eaten with unleavened bread and bitter herbs: Exodus 12:8
- Nothing can remain in the Morning, if anything cannot be eaten burn what remains: Exodus 12:10
- It must be eaten quickly and fully dressed, ready to go: Exodus 12:11
- No bones can be broken: Numbers 9:12
- The blood must be grained, it is what was put on the door posts of the house in which you will eat the Lamb: Exodus 12:7
Should the Passover be kept outside of the land of Israel or if we be unclean?
Yes! Numbers 9:10 The Context is: Numbers 9:5-13
How do I Observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread?
No leaven should be found in your home during the time of Unleavened Bread. The Feast of Unleavened Bread is observed through seven days where unleavened bread must be eaten. The first day is a Sabbath and the seven day is a Sabbath where no servile work can be done. Through this you observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread: Exodus 12:15-20, Leviticus 23:6.
Ingredients for Unleavened Bread
Ingredients for three types of Unleavened Bread: Plain, Sweet and Salted. It can be unleavened either cake or wafer: Exodus 29:2.
- Olive Oil
- Heavy Whipping Cream
Directions coming shortly